Lost or Expired Green Card

If you lost your Green Card, you will likely need a travel document (boarding foil) to return to the United States. If your Green Card is expired, we encourage you to check with your airline or vessel before applying for a boarding foil. See this link (https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/form-i-131a-now-available) for additional information on lost, stolen, or expired Green Cards.

To apply for a boarding foil in Barbados:

  1. Complete the I-131A form and pay the corresponding fee. The I-131A form is available at https://www.uscis.gov/i-131a
  2. Email BridgetownIV@state.gov to schedule an appointment at the Embassy for an interview.

Please keep in mind that a boarding foil is only valid for one month from the date it is issued, so try to schedule your appointment close to the date of your return travel to the US.

On the day of your appointment you must present the following documentation:

  • A copy of your completed Form I-131A Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)
  • Evidence of your online fee payment
  • A valid passport
  • A police report (if your Green Card was lost or stolen)
  • Evidence of your most recent date of departure from the United States
  • The expired Green Card (if available)
  • A copy of your Green Card (if available)
  • Your Reentry Permit (if applicable)
  • One recent passport size photograph

The standard processing time for a boarding foil is two business days; however, under certain circumstances it could take longer.

Requests for boarding foils are processed during normal business hours Monday through Thursday between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.

The U.S. Embassy is located at Wildey Business Park, Wildey, St. Michael, Barbados.”