An official website of the United States government

U.S. Visa Services
Visit the United States


Immigrant Visas

U.S. Embassy Bridgetown has resumed processing of immigrant visas.


Non-Immigrant Visas

Effective September 2022, U.S. Embassy Bridgetown resumed regular processing of non-immigrant visas for all non-immigrant visa categories.

We do accept applicants who are third-country applicants or non-residents of our consular district in LIMITED numbers. Please see more here: Non-Resident Applicants – U.S. Embassy in Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean, and the OECS (usembassy.gov)

The current wait time for visitor (B1/B2) and student (F/J/M) visa interview appointments as well as the processing times for interview waiver cases (once received) can be found here . Visa appointment fees are non-refundable, so you should carefully consider the interview wait time when deciding whether to pursue an appointment.  If you would like an appointment to apply for a visa, please visit this website: Sign in or Create an Account | Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Barbados | English (usvisa-info.com)


What is a Visa?

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport.

Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program, which is administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The Visa section of this website is about U.S. visas for foreign citizens and nationals to travel to the United States. Visit Travel.State.gov for additional information.

Note: U.S. citizens do not need a U.S. visa for travel to the United States. When planning travel abroad a U.S. citizen may need a visa issued by the embassy or consulate of the country they wish to visit

What Type of Visa Do You Need?

For short-term visits to the United States (for tourism, business, education, and more), you can go directly to the online application (form DS-160). For immigrant visas,  which are issued to foreign nationals who intend to live and work permanently in the United States, you can visit the U.S. citizenship and Immigration Services site for the relevant forms.  If you are unsure what type of visa you need, please use the Visa Wizard below. 

Our Locations
Visa services are only available at the U.S. Embassy in Barbados.
Colorado Sand Dunes