YLAI empowers entrepreneurs to strengthen their capacity to launch and advance their entrepreneurial ideas and effectively contribute to social and economic development in their communities. In fall 2018, 250 YLAI Professional Fellows from Latin America and the Caribbean will expand their leadership and entrepreneurial experience through fellowships at businesses and organizations across the U.S. The selected fellows will also participate in a Program Launch; an Entrepreneurship Institute; and a Closing Forum in Washington, D.C. Following the Program, the Fellows can participate in extended alumni activities such reverse exchanges and extended entrepreneurial education.
Please keep in mind that the application is open to young entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 25 and 35 on September 15, 2018.
- Are a resident and citizen of one of the participating countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Have a demonstrated track record of successfully growing their own business or social venture for at least two (2) years.
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Are not U.S. government employees.
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
The https://ylai.state.gov/ website includes information about how to apply for the YLAI fellowship and how to sign up for the YLAI Network. Submit your application by Sunday, March 4.