Minor Applicants

Applications for minors under the age of 16 must be submitted by the parent(s) or guardian of the child. Both the child and the parent(s) or guardian must appear in person.

Parents applying for their child’s passport must provide:

  • DS-11 form Application for a U.S. Passport (all forms must be filled online and printed)
  • Two (2) recent passport sized photograph (5cms x 5cms or 2″x2″) full face, front view with a white background
  • U.S. birth certificate issued by the city, county or state of birth and/or Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Fees are payable in cash, Bank Draft, International Money Order, Travelers Check made payable to “U.S. Embassy” or Credit Card.
  • Transition Photos (see details below)

Parental Consent and Absentee Parents

Puerto Rico Birth Certificate:  If you were born in Puerto Rico, please note that the Government of Puerto Rico passed Law 191 of 2009, invalidating all copies of certified Puerto Rican birth certificates issued prior to July 1, 2010. If you have an old birth certificate, you must obtain a new one before applying for your passport.

Transition Photos: Parents applying for minors whose previous passport shows a picture of an infant/toddler must present facial progression from the time the previous passport was issued to the present. Please provide approximately one photograph for every year. These photographs create a pictorial timeline which is critical in establishing the child’s facial identify from infancy to his/her current age.