Amend a Passport

If your passport contains an error in your biographic data, we will make the necessary amendment within one year from the issuance date at no charge to you. In addition, there is also no fee to amend your biographic data within one year of your passport issuance date if you legally change your name.

Persons appearing at the U.S. Embassy in Barbados must schedule an appointment. All other persons may submit their application by mail.

Persons requesting amendments/changes to their passport must provide:

  • DS-5504 – Application for a U.S. Passport (Name Change, Data Correction and Limited Passport Book Replacement)
  • Passport to be replaced
  • Two (2) recent passport sized photograph (5cms x 5cms or 2″x2″) full face, front view with a white background
  • Original name change document which shows proof of biographic details (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate or original divorce decree)