Welfare and Whereabouts

If your family member is missing or you are concerned about the welfare of a family member, the Consular Section can assist you.  Keep in mind that if your relative is located, you will be notified of this ONLY if he/she has signed an authorization or given verbal permission to a Consular Officer to waive the Privacy Act provisions.

When you contact the American Citizens Services office (ACS) about these types of cases, please have at hand the name of the person you are looking for, his/her US passport number, date and place of birth, travel plans and the date when he/she entered this Consular district.