Emergency Assistance

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Illness While In Barbados

Since many US insurance policies do not cover expenses incurred overseas, travelers may wish to purchase special insurance covering medical care overseas before leaving the US.  Doctors and hospitals require payment upon completion of services rendered.  The Office of American Services provides a limited list of doctors, but takes no responsibility for the professional competence of those doctors listed.

Assistance In an Evacuation/Disaster

If you are caught in a natural disaster or civil disturbance, you should inform your relatives as soon as possible that you are safe, or contact a US Consular Officer who will pass that message to your family through the Department of State.  Be resourceful.  US officials will do everything they can to contact and advise you, but they must give priority to Americans who have been hurt or are in immediate danger.  In a disaster, Consular Officers face the same constraints you do–lack of electricity, fuel, phone lines, and transportation.