Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
Ask the Consul provides responses to frequently asked questions relating to consular issues.
American Citizen Services (ACS)
- Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (PDF, 32 kB)
- I’m a U.S. citizen residing abroad and my child was born outside the United States. Do they automatically acquire U.S. citizenship? (PDF, 32 kB)
- Hurricane Preparedness (PDF, 50 kB)
- Always Register in STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program) (PDF, 49 kB)
- Extra Visa Pages no Longer Issued in U.S. passports (PDF, 149 kB)