Location: The French West Indies which includes the islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy.
Event: The Department of State has issued a Travel Advisory Level 4 – Do Not Travel for the French West Indies, which includes the islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy, due to health and safety measures and COVID-related conditions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for the French West Indies due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthelemy. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in French West Indies.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the French West Indies:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Barbados, which includes the French West Indies.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs phone number:1 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444