Location: The French West Indies which includes the islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy.
Event: The Department of State has lowered the Travel Advisory Level for the French West Indies, which includes the islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy, to a Level 3 – Reconsider Travel due to health and safety measures and COVID-related conditions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for the French West Indies due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 there. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthelemy. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in French West Indies.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the French West Indies:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Barbados, which includes the French West Indies.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations.
- Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs phone number:1 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444