Location: French West Indies
Event: The Department of State has issued a Travel Advisory Level 4 – Do Not Travel for the French West Indies due to COVID-19.
Do not travel to the French West Indies, which includes the islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy, due to health and safety measures and COVID-related conditions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Martinique, Guadeloupe, French St. Martin, and Saint Barthélemy due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19.
Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine.
Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated travelers in Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Martin and Saint Barthélemy. Please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for unvaccinated travelers in Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the French West Indies:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Barbados, which includes St. Kitts and Nevis.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
State Department – Consular Affairs phone number:1 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444