The Department of State has increased the Travel Advisory Level for the French West Indies, which includes the islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Saint Martin, and Saint Barthélemy to a Level 4 – Do Not Travel, due to health and safety measures and COVID-related conditions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for the French West Indies due to COVID-19.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the French West Indies.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the French West Indies:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Barbados, which includes the French West Indies.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations.
- Review the Traveler’s Checklist.