Travel Advisory Update for the British Virgin Islands – U.S. Embassy Barbados (June 15, 2021)
Location: The British Virgin Islands
Event: The Department of State has lowered the travel advisory level to a Travel Advisory Level 2 – Exercise Increased Caution for the British Virgin Islands due to health and safety measures and COVID-related conditions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for the British Virgin Islands due to COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in the country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the British Virgin Islands.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the British Virgin Islands:
- See the S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Barbados, which covers the British Virgin Islands.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs phone number: 1 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Follow the U.S. Embassy on Facebook and Twitter