November 21, 2019
Dominica – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution in Dominica due to civil unrest.
Country Summary: Demonstrations and protests can take place with little or no notice. Local authorities have used tear gas to disrupt protests.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Dominica:
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile and be aware of your surroundings.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Barbados, which covers Dominica.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.