The Fulbright Latin American Scholarship Program of American Universities (LASPAU) also known as the Fulbright Faculty Development Program provides grants to individuals from Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean to enable them to pursue graduate and post graduate studies in the United States. Grants are awarded for Master’s and PhD programs in a variety of fields of study.
Fields of Study
Applications are accepted in a variety of fields of study with the exception of Medicine, Nursing and Dentistry.
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of one of the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and St. Vincent and Grenadines.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a first degree at the Bachelor’s level.
- Applicants for PhD programs must have a Master’s degree.
- All applicants must take the GRE and submit their scores with their applications.
- Applicants must not currently be enrolled in graduate studies.
- Applications are invited from but not restricted to faculty or staff of higher educational institutions in the Eastern Caribbean.
- The application for the FY2024 Fulbright Programs administered by LASPAU will be available beginning February 8, 2023.
- To begin a new application, candidates should visit the following link: https://laspau.tfaforms.net/f/fulbright2024
- The application will also be accessible on the Fulbright page of LASPAU’s website: https://www.laspau.harvard.edu/fulbright To apply, candidates should click on the Apply Now button.
- Before filling out the application, candidates will be asked to fill out the Fulbright Applicant Information Form, which allows us to determine their eligibility for the Fulbright scholarship based on their country of citizenship. After applicants complete the form and are determined to be eligible, they will receive an email with a direct link to the full Fulbright application.
- For technical support: If applicants have technical trouble with the application, please have them contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants should only fill out the Fulbright Applicant Information Form once. To continue an application they previously started, applicants should login using the following link: https://laspau.force.com/login?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for APPLICATION SUBMISSION
For a checklist of required documents please refer to this link or see attached document: 2024 Required Documents for LASPAU-Fulbright Application
- Diplomas and Transcripts from non-English speaking countries/universities: Diplomas and transcripts must be provided in the official language of the university/home country and accompanied by an English translation. LASPAU cannot accept English transcripts issued by a university if the primary language of the university/country is not English.
- LSAC and SOPHAS: We have made a note clarifying to nominees in law and public health that in addition to submitting documents to LASPAU, they will also need to submit documents to the LSAC or SOPHAS system.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION SUBMISSION
Two letters of recommendation (LORS) are required to be submitted as part of the electronic application.
APPLICATIONS OPEN: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2023.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2023
For further information please contact Embassy Bridgetown via email, or call Cultural Affairs Assistant-Exchanges Lisa Howell at 1-246-227-4354