The Fulbright Latin American Scholarship Program of American Universities (LASPAU) also known as the Fulbright Faculty Development Program provides grants to individuals from Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean to enable them to pursue graduate studies in the United States. Grants are awarded for Master’s and PhD programs in a variety of fields of study.
Fields of Study
Applications are accepted in a variety of fields of study with the exception of Medicine, Nursing and Dentistry.
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of one of the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a first degree at the Bachelors level.
- Applicants for PhD programs must have a master’s degree.
- All applicants must take the GRE and submit their scores with their applications.
- Applicants must not currently be enrolled in graduate studies.
- Applicants must be faculty or staff of higher educational institutions in the Eastern Caribbean.
1) ONLINE APPLICATION
The application for FY2023 Fulbright Programs administered by Laspau will be available beginning February 1, 2022.
To begin a new application, candidates should visit the following link: https://laspau.tfaforms.net/f/fulbright2023
The application will also be accessible on the Fulbright page of Laspau’s website: https://www.laspau.harvard.edu/fulbright
To apply, candidates should click on the Apply Now button.
Please feel free to post the application link directly on your website or other promotional materials, etc.
- Before filling out the application, candidates will be asked to fill out the Fulbright Applicant Information Form, allowing us to determine whether they are eligible for the Fulbright scholarship based on their country of citizenship. After applicants complete the form and are determined to be eligible, they will receive an email with a direct link to the full Fulbright application.
- For technical support: If applicants have technical trouble with the application, please have them contact email@example.com.
2) Applicants should only fill out the Fulbright Applicant Information Form once. To continue an application they previously started, applicants should login using the following link: https://laspau.force.com/login?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F
3) REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for APPLICATION SUBMISSION
For a checklist of required documents please refer to this link:
Learn more here
- Diplomas and Transcripts from non-English speaking countries/universities: Diplomas and transcripts must be provided in the official language of the university/home country and accompanied by an English translation. Laspau cannot accept English transcripts issued by a university if the primary language of the university/country is not English. Though some universities in non-English speaking countries will issue documents in English upon request, we have found that US admissions offices will not accept these diplomas/transcripts and require that they be in the home country language. Therefore, we have added language to clarify this in the document checklists.
- LSAC and SOPHAS: We have made a note clarifying to nominees in law and public health that in addition to submitting documents to Laspau, they will also need to submit documents to the LSAC or SOPHAS system. We encourage you to inform candidates in these fields to research the requirements on the LSAC and SOPHAS websites as early as possible, since they will require additional steps.
4) REMINDER ABOUT LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION SUBMISSION
We will continue to require two letters of recommendation from selected nominees and will collect the letters of recommendation (LORs) via the electronic application. This will be the only time Laspau collects recommendation letters. If the candidate is selected, the recommenders will submit their letters directly to the university application portal during the university application process.
Applications Open: Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
Application deadline: Sunday, May 31, 2022.
For further information please contact Embassy Bridgetown via email, or call staff assistant Lisa Howell at 246-227-4354.