What to Expect at your Visa Appointment
Can I bring people with me to my interview?
The Embassy/Consulate does not allow interested parties to attend non-immigrant visa interviews, including family members, friends, lawyers, employers or other professional colleagues and contacts. Exceptions may be made only for adults escorting minors, translators, or individuals providing assistance to applicants with disabilities and/or special needs.
For visa applicants, only those applicants with a confirmed appointment and a printed appointment confirmation letter will be admitted into the security checkpoint for screening.
Where can I wait or park?
There is no additional space outside of the Embassy for additional people not applying to wait outside of the building and parking is extremely limited. Applicants must not wait in the parking lots or under the awnings of the private business surrounding the Embassy. If the applicant or other members of their party stand or park on the property of the surrounding businesses, you may be asked to leave and have to reschedule your appointment.
What can I bring with me to my appointment?
All applicants will need to complete security screening prior to entering the consulate. In order to facilitate a smooth and successful security screening process, please avoid bringing the following items:
- Battery-operated electronics, including but not limited to: mobile phones, tablets, laptops, digital planners, GPS devices, cameras, audiovisual equipment (tapes, CDs, MP3 players), flash drives, memory cards, Bluetooth devices, and recording devices.
- Purses, briefcases, backpacks, and/or large bags
- Liquids (beverages, liquid-based cosmetics, perfumes/cologne)
- Incendiary devices or materials (gas, matches, lighters)
- Weapons (arms, tasers) and sharp objects (blades, knives, scissors, nail-clippers)
- Drugs and illegal substances (please note non-prescription medicine is prohibited)
- Miscellaneous equipment used by security personnel
- Clothing with metallic accessories (metal buttons, chains)
Can I come to the Embassy to ask questions about my visa process?
No, there is no information help desk for visitors to the Embassy/Consulate.