Social Security Regional Benefits Officer to Visit St. Martin December 7-8

We are pleased to announce that a Regional Benefits Officer from the U.S. Social Security Administration will visit St. Martin on Wednesday and Thursday, December 7 and 8 to assist Social Security benefit recipients and to provide general information on Social Security procedures and benefits.

Individuals wishing to meet with the Regional Benefits Officer should make a Notarial and Other Services appointment using the link below.

Appointments for will be held at the Chambre de Commerce et Industrie, Rue Jean Jacques Fayel, Concordia, Marigot:

  • Wednesday, December 7:       2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
  • Thursday, December 8:           8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.  and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Appointments are required.  Please follow instructions on the U.S. Embassy’s website. When making an appointment select “Notarial and Other Services”. Do not make a Passport appointment.

Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft made out to “U.S. Embassy.” PLEASE NOTE: The money order or bank draft must have the correct and exact amount.  We will not issue any refunds. 

 Fees are:

  • Child’s passport (under age 16):           US$105
  • First adult passport:                                US$135
  • Consular Report of Birth  Abroad:         US$100
  • Notarials:                                                   US$50 per signature

PLEASE NOTE that overseas passport applications CANNOT benefit from the expedite program offered online.  Therefore customers should NOT make checks payable for any expedite fees.

If you are renewing a 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago and can present your expired passport, you may apply by mail directly to the Embassy. The fee is US$110.  If you cannot present a previous 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, you must appear in person for an interview with the Consular Officer. The fee for this service is US$135.

All applicants must provide: A completed passport application; two passport-size photos (2” x 2”); proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or U.S. naturalization certificate; and a social security card.  Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents, including a copy of the passport you are renewing.  You must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in order to have the new passport mailed back to you.

For a child under age 16, if both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child OR a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian must be submitted.  Please bring the documents listed above PLUS the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports or other identification.  Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents including copies of the parents’ identification.  For more information, visit:

Additional information on U.S. citizen services and links to application forms are available on the U.S. Department of State’s website at