Renew an Adult Passport
Eligibility Requirements for U.S. Citizen Adult Passport Renewals (Form DS-82)
To use the DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Application and pay online, you must answer YES to all of the following:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application;
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport book was issued;
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago;
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration;
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application;) and
- I currently reside in and/or have a valid mailing address in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Monserrat, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, or Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see our Passport Services page for instructions on making an appointment to submit a passport application in person at the Embassy in Bridgetown or with a Consular Agent in Antigua or Martinique.
Instructions for DS-82 Processing by Mail and Online Fee Payment – for U.S. citizens residing in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Monserrat, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, or Saint Vincent and the Grenadines:
(Available January 29, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. EST)
Step 1: SIGN and complete the DS-82 Passport Renewal Form. Type or print clearly in black ink.
*NOTE: You must provide a Social Security number, if you’ve been issued one. If you do not have a Social Security number, please click here.
Step 2: Obtain one WHITE background color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; no eyeglasses. See more information on photo requirements.
Step 3: Include one photocopy (color or black and white) of the data page of your previous U.S. passport.
Step 4: Include the passport you are renewing in the package you mail to the Embassy.
Step 5: Name change documents (if applicable) (original + 1 photocopy)
If you would like to change the name on your new passport due to marriage, divorce, or court order, please include proof of your name change. Documents must be original with English translation if applicable (ex. Marriage certificate, Divorce Decree, Court Order)
Step 6: Pay the $130 passport application fee via the Pay.gov page. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the U.S. Embassy in Bridgetown.
Step 7: Obtain an airway bill with a courier service with the complete address to which you want your new passport sent in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Monserrat, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, or Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Applicants from Barbados may pick their passports up at the Embassy.
Step 8: Mail all the items listed above to the U.S. Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados at the below address. We strongly encourage you to send your DS-82 passport renewal package via courier.
American Citizen Services
Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006
Step 9: Your new passport will be delivered using your pre-paid airway bill. Passport processing takes approximately four to six weeks.
See our Pay.Gov FAQ page.
If you have other questions, please send an email with your contact information to BridgetownACS@state.gov.