RECRUITMENT CALL FOR THE 2023 SPORTS VISITOR PROGRAM
The U.S. Embassy to Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean and the OECS is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the 2023 Sports Visitor Program!
This program is an active and experiential sports-based exchange program for female non-elite youth athletes which introduces participants to American excellence, leadership, and best practices in sports. The program includes a two-week exchange to the United States which is fully funded by the U.S. Department of State.
Under the theme of female empowerment and leadership, participants will have the opportunity to attend a soccer camp run by an acclaimed American female soccer player; participate in workshops and meetings with community organizations, local and national leaders, schools and universities, go to various cultural and sporting events; and engage in sessions to enhance their public speaking, team-building and leadership development skills. The seven female non-elite soccer players from the Eastern Caribbean will travel with one adult chaperone/coach who will accompany them throughout the exchange.
The Embassy invites applications for this program from non-elite female soccer players and female coaches at this division.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated with a CDC or WHO approved COVID 19 vaccine by March 10, 2023 in order to be considered for program participation.
All Youth Participants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, or St. Vincent and the Grenadines (one will be selected from each country);
- Be between the ages of 15 and 18 at the start of the exchange in June 2023;
- Be female;
- Be an active player in the sport of soccer;
- Be highly active, motivated and engaging, with a willingness to learn and be contributing members of a team.
The Adult Chaperone Participant must:
- Be a citizen and resident of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, or St. Vincent and the Grenadines;
- Be female;
- Actively coach female youth soccer players;
- Be willing and able to meet periodically with selected participants to support and monitor their after program activities;
- Possess a valid Police Certificate of Character issued by their local Police Department.
Tentative program dates
June 21 to July 5, 2023
Hightstown and Princeton, New Jersey
Interested participants must complete the application and required forms and submit them to Embassy by the deadline date. The Embassy will shortlist candidates and conduct interviews in March. Applicants will be selected based on their leadership skills and experience and their commitment to conducting follow-on activities in their home communities.
- Applications Open: February 13, 2023
- Deadline for Submission of Application: March 10, 2023
- Shortlisted participants contacted for interview: March 15, 2023
- Interviews: March 22, 2023
- Sports Visitor Program Application Form: https://forms.office.com/g/EZ02z0FPbQ
- Sports Visitor Dietary and Accommodations Form: https://forms.office.com/g/Mp4LAgbPPG
- DOS Participant Media Release
- FHI 360 Media Release (English)
- DOS Sports Visitor Medical History Form
- Sports Visitor Terms and Conditions
- COVID-19 Waiver
- Consent Form
For further information please email: email@example.com
Completed forms must be submitted via email by or before March 10, 2023: firstname.lastname@example.org