General Duties and Responsibilities
As part of Peace Corps’ commitment in the Eastern Caribbean, the Peace Corps is sending Volunteers to provide short-term (3 months to 1 year) assistance to local governmental and non-governmental organizations working on Education, Literacy and related assignments. A Peace Corps Response Coordinator is needed to oversee the Peace Corps Response Volunteers (PCRVs), to serve as a liaison with the PCRVs’ partner organizations, and to be the point of contact for staff and Peace Corps Response/Washington. Duties include: Training and Orientation of PCRVs, identification of viable assignments for PCRVs, programmatic support related to their assignment, cross-cultural and adjustment support, and safety & security.
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Literacy, International Development or related
- At least three years of prior work experience in international or community
- Experience in the education sector, and Cross-Cultural experience in the
- Positive attitude and commitment to high standards of ethical
- Experience in project design, implementation, management and monitoring &
- Demonstrated ability to research, design, write, and deliver technical training to groups of varying size and educational
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support Volunteers in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive working relationships with community partners, government representatives and members of the Peace Corps
- Ability to work well independently and effectively as a member of a
- Ability to identify potential sites for Volunteer work assignments and make recommendations based on established
- Familiarity with Eastern Caribbean culture, communities, and
- IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products required, and must be a licensed
Submitting an Application
Submit Cover Letter and CV/Resume with details about your professional and academic qualifications. Your submission must directly address the general duties and responsibilities as well as the outlined desired qualifications, knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Application for Response Coordinator Position
and attach your Cover Letter and CV/Resume to the email.
Deadline for receipt of Applications is August 24th, 2018. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. For additional information, email: email@example.com.