Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Event: There is increased seismic activity at the La Soufriere volcano in St. Vincent. The government warned people to stay away from the volcano. No evacuation orders have been issued but residents in the surrounding communities have been urged to be prepared to evacuate should it become necessary. The alert level has been raised to “Orange” as a result of the increased activity. The Caribbean Disaster Management Agency (CDEMA) and St. Vincent’s National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) will continue monitoring the situation closely.
Actions to Take:
- We advise U.S. citizens to stay away from the La Soufriere volcano site.
- Remain vigilant and maintain active awareness of local conditions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information Pages for your destination country in the Eastern Caribbean
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter