Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Event: The U.S. Embassy is coordinating with Royal Caribbean Cruises for a transit opportunity for U.S. citizens who wish to depart St. Vincent on Friday, 16 April to Dutch Sint Maarten. Boarding on the Celebrity Reflection will begin at 7:00 A.M. and will depart Kingstown Port, St. Vincent at 1:00 P.M. The ship will arrive in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten on the morning of Saturday, 17 April at approximately 7:00 A.M. CDC recommends against travel on cruise ships because the chance of getting COVID-19 on cruise ships is higher since the virus appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships. See link to CDC guidance below.
There is no cost or travel fare for the ship’s voyage. However, U.S. citizens will be responsible for making their own onward travel arrangements. Please plan accordingly, including potential hotel stays in Sint Maarten and booking onward commercial airline flights from the Sint Maarten Princess Juliana International Airport which offers direct flight to multiple U.S. cities.
U.S. citizens who decide not to depart St. Vincent should be prepared to shelter in place for an undetermined amount of time. There are currently no future plans for other transit opportunities.
Actions to Take:
Please register online by completing the U.S. Mission Bridgetown and the Eastern Caribbean – Manifest Form. The deadline to register is Thursday, April 15 at 12:00pm noon.
- No children under the age of six months.
- No pregnant women over 23 weeks of gestation.
- No individuals requiring dialysis.
- No individuals with terminal conditions.
- No individuals who have been identified as close contacts of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.
- No pets allowed.
- All departing passengers 2 years of age and older are required to have a negative COVID Antigen Rapid Test (taken within 24 hours of boarding). A printed copy of your negative test results will be required prior to boarding the cruise ship. A testing center, Health Solutions Inc., is located near the seaport in St. Vincent. Call to arrange an appointment for testing (Ph: 1-784-451-2836). Cost is $160EC/$60USD.
- All passengers are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to boarding. The ship will have the form available at the pier.
- Travelers are required to complete an online immigration (ED) card prior to travel to Sint Maarten (https://stmaartenhas.com).
- Travelers are required to purchase mandatory COVID-19 health insurance prior to travel to Sint Maarten (https://www.sxmprotectionplan.com).
- All airline passengers to the U.S. ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or Rapid Antigen) taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Important Travel Information:
- Masks are required until guests reach their staterooms onboard.
- Any guest that requires medicines (insulin, etc.) should board with adequate stock for several days.
- Food and water will be provided onboard the cruise ship.
- Please review CDC Cruise Guidance: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship
- Travel Information for Sint Maarten
- CDC COVID-19 Testing Requirements for the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter