Interview Waiver for Petition Based Visa – H, non-blanket L, O, P and Q
The Interview Waiver process for H, non-blanket L, O, P and Q visa applicants allows certain individuals to forego a visa interview and submit their application via courier. Please see below criteria to determine whether you qualify for the interview waiver.
To qualify for the H, non-blanket L, O, P and Q process, you must meet all the following criteria:
- You are a citizen, resident and passport holder of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, or St. Vincent and the Grenadines and you were previously issued any class of visa by this Embassy from age 14 years or older and
- You have never been refused a visa or you were issued a visa subsequent to a prior refusal or
- You are a citizen, resident and passport holder of one of the VWP countries (France, United Kingdom, or the Netherlands) residing within our consular district, and have previously traveled to the United States on ESTA and
- You have never been denied ESTA
- You have not been arrested or convicted for any criminal offenses;
* Please note that we may request that an applicant appear for an interview regardless of apparent qualifications for the IW process.
** You must be OUTSIDE the United States to apply for IW.
Complete your DS-160 application at https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Please pay close attention to and answer the questions. Follow the prompts at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-bb/niv. If you qualify for the IW process, you will be directed to specific instructions on how to proceed with your application.
If you were prompted to schedule an interview, but you think that you do qualify for the IW based on the criteria listed, send an email to BridgetownNIv@state.gov and we will assist you.
All IW application packages must include:
- Previous and current passport (with more than six months validity) which contains the visa
- DS-160 application confirmation page
- Form I-797 Notice of Action and or I-129
- Two (2) photographs taken within the past six months (5cm x 5cm or 2”x2”), full face, front view with a white background. Glasses and hats may not be worn in passport photos. (You may not reuse photographs previously used on a prior visa application)
- A prepaid return courier label
- For applications from VWP countries, a copy of a prior approval for ESTA, or an I-94, or an entry stamp to the United States