The application period for the 2024-25 program opens on April 1 and closes on July 1, 2023.
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown encourages applications from qualified graduates in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
Applicants should possess either a first or second-class honor’s Bachelor’s degree, and wish to pursue Master’s or Ph.D. studies at accredited universities in the United States.
· First-class honors or upper-second class honors Bachelor’s degree.
· Must be a citizen and resident of any of the Eastern Caribbean islands comprised of: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
· Must not be a “green card” (alien registration cards) holder or residing in the U.S.A.
· Must not be currently enrolled at, or pursuing studies at a U.S. university.
· Recipients must return to the Eastern Caribbean on completion of studies in the United States.
· Applicants are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), based on their intended field of study and they must submit their GRE or GMAT scores along with their applications for interview consideration.
Fulbright graduates are subject to the two-year home-country foreign residency requirement. This rule mandates that upon completion of their studies all Fulbright Scholars must return to their home country for two years. Scholars within the two-year period are not prohibited from traveling to the United States but may be ineligible for certain employment-based or family-based visas until the foreign residency requirement is satisfied.
Qualified applicants must submit their applications online at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024 no later than July 1, 2023, 11:59pm Eastern time.
Three (3) letters of recommendation are also required (electronically or hardcopy). At least two (2) of the letters should be from academics who can attest to the quality of the candidate’s university study and academic potential. The recommendation letter should be confidential and if submitted as a hardcopy, contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Bridgetown via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the guidelines and forms below:
Transcripts of university studies showing grades, certified copies of all university diplomas, and hardcopy letters of recommendation must be addressed to:
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown
Wildey Business Park
All completed applications must be electronically submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed and all applicants notified after July 1, 2023 by the Public Affairs Section.