Dominica has imposed significant restrictions on movement and travel due to the confirmed cases of COVID-19.
If you are a U.S. citizen in Dominica attempting to return the United States, please click here and complete the information request form. A form must be completed for each person wishing to return to the United States. We thank you for your patience as we process this information and look for options to assist your return to the United States.
Please consider the following information:
- You should be aware that if an opportunity to return presents itself, it could be through either commercial means or a chartered flight. You should be prepared to pay immediately. You should also be aware that airlines can cancel or change flight schedules at any time, and that this option may be more expensive than usual.
- Although private medical evacuation companies are still operating and repatriating critically ill U.S. citizen patients, this is an expensive option, and should only be used or considered as a last resort.
- Once a repatriation flight from Dominica to the United States is confirmed, we will communicate that to you with instructions on how to book the travel. This flight would likely go to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- You will be responsible for onward travel from San Juan, Puerto Rico to the continental United States.
- We are committed to facilitating the return of all U.S. citizens who wish to return. Depending on your personal/financial situation and support network, sheltering in place may be an option; however, you should be prepared to do so for an undetermined amount of time.
Upon arrival in Puerto Rico, you must self-quarantine upon arrival, regardless of symptoms until your next flight or for fourteen days if you will remain in Puerto Rico.
Effective March 23, 2020, Embassy Bridgetown will only accept emergency American Citizen Services (ACS) appointments. If your situation constitutes an emergency, please send an email to BridgetownACS@state.gov. For emergency ACS, including emergency passports, please visit our websites for additional information.
- COVID-19 information page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisorypage
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
United States Embassy Bridgetown
Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006
Tel: (246) 227-4000
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
STEP to receive security updates