Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Event: Due to the increased seismic activity at the La Soufriere volcano in St. Vincent, the Prime Minister of St. Vincent and the Grenadines has issued an Evacuation Order of all premises in the areas designated in the Red Zones on the Northeast and Northwest of St. Vincent.
The alert level has been raised to “Red” as a result of the increased activity. The Caribbean Disaster Management Agency (CDEMA) and St. Vincent’s National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) will continue monitoring the situation closely. NEMO has activated its National Emergency Operations Center.
Actions to Take:
- We advise U.S. citizens to follow local guidance and evacuate from the Red Zones in the Northeast and Northwest of St. Vincent.
- Remain vigilant and maintain active awareness of local conditions.
- Monitor local news, the NEMO website, and NEMO social media for updated information on evacuation shelters and procedures.
- In the case of emergency, dial 999, 911 or 112
- NEMO Emergency Phone Number: +1 784-458-6366
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Country Information Pages for your destination country in the Eastern Caribbean
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates