Applicants who wish to travel to the U.S. due to an emergency are advised to check the appointment wait time for regularly scheduled appointments to determine if an appropriate appointment may be available. You may obtain the next available appointment by creating an account at http://barbados.usvisa-info.com .
Applicants may only request an expedited appointment under the following circumstances:
- An immediate relative’s death, grave illness or life threatening accident taking place in the United States. Applicants must provide the name, relationship, place and description of the situation, and contact information for the attending physician or funeral home.
- Urgent medical treatment for the applicant or their minor child.
- An applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 has a start date that is earlier than the first available visa appointment.
- Urgent business meetings and conferences
- NOTE: Weddings, purchased tickets, and to enjoy tourist travel do NOT constitute emergencies justifying an expedited appointment.
To request an Expedited/Emergency Appointment:
Applicants must first schedule a regular appointment, either through the Information and Appointment Website or by contacting the Call Center at 246-623-9832 or 246-623-9833, Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
If the regular appointment date is not early enough to accommodate the emergency circumstances, applicants may request an expedited appointment on the Information and Appointment Website by selecting the “Request Expedite” link on the “Application Summary Page” and following the instructions provided.
We always recommend that individuals apply for visas well in advance of their proposed date of travel. No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made until a visa has been issued.