Victims of Crime

The State Department is committed to assisting U.S. citizens who become victims of crime while abroad.  We help in two ways:

  • Overseas: consular officers, agents, and staff work with crime victims and help them with the local police and medical systems.
  • In the United States: our office of Overseas Citizens Services will stay in touch with family members in the United States and help provide U.S.-based resources for the victim when possible.

If you are the victim of a crime overseas:

  • Call 911 to contact the local police in Grenada and get immediate help. Request a copy of the police report.
  • Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate:
    • Consular officers are available for emergency assistance 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
    • To contact the U.S. Embassy in Grenada emergency line call 1-473-407-2495
    • If you are in a country within the Eastern Caribbean other than Grenada, to contact the Duty Officer at U.S. Embassy Barbados, call 1-246-227-4000 and ask for the Duty Officer.
    • To contact the Department of State in the U.S. call 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. or Canada) or (202) 501-4444 (from overseas).