The Youth Ambassadors Program aims to develop a cadre of young adults from across countries in the Americas who have a strong sense of civic responsibility, a commitment to their communities, an awareness of current and global issues, and strong interpersonal leadership skills. The program aims to promote mutual understanding, respect, and collaboration between people in the United States and other countries of the Western Hemisphere. The program is open to teenagers ages 15-18 and adult educators (mentors).
This is a virtual program which will explore themes such as civic education, leadership, cross-cultural connections, community service, and youth and social transformation through experiential learning activities; leadership trainings; civic participation at the community level; mentoring by community, business, and NGO leaders; engaging with host families, and volunteering.
What Participants Gain from the Youth Ambassadors Program
Leadership Skills | Intercultural Understanding | Networking Opportunities | Professional Development | Global Perspectives | Scholarship & Fellowship Opportunities Community Service | Communication Skills
This five-week virtual program will take place in August 2021 as half-day sessions on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. As this is a virtual program, participants will connect from their own homes. A computer, laptop or tablet, and internet access are required for the duration of the program.
All Youth Participants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of a participating country
- Be between 15-18 years old at the start of the exchange
- Have at least one semester of high school left after August 2021
- Demonstrate leadership potential and community involvement
- Have limited U.S. and other international travel experience
- Have parental/legal guardian permission to participate in U.S. travel or online programming
All Adult Educator Mentor applicants must
- All Be a citizen and resident of a participating country
- Actively work with youth in a high school or community setting
- Be willing and able to meet periodically with selected students from their city or region during the 2021/2022 academic year to support and monitor their follow-on work
The Bahamas, Suriname, Guyana, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Grenada, St. Kitts & Nevis, Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications Open: Friday, March 5, 2021
Application deadline: Monday, April 12, 2021
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org