U.S. Embassy Bridgetown is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the 2020 International Writing Program (IWP) – Fall Residency.
This program, which will take place in the United States from August 30 to November 17, 2020, is a cultural exchange opportunity for emerging and mid-career writers. The successful candidates will be hosted at the University of Iowa during this twelve-week program. The University of Iowa is home to the renowned Iowa Writer’s Workshop. Two IWP alumni have gone on to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.
IWP is designed to boost creativity, facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration, support professional development, and promote freedom of expression. Writers of fiction, graphic novels, drama, poetry, and screenplays are encouraged to apply for this fully funded opportunity!
- Should have a significant publication record; at least one published book or screenplay/play, or a record of publishing regularly over the previous two years in traditional or online media.
- Are expected to be proficient speakers of English.
- Must be comfortable with cross-cultural dynamics, and eager to engage with other writers from diverse cultures.
- Must be adults between the age of 21 and 65,
- Must be non-U.S. citizens who are able to travel to the United States and stay for the full twelve weeks.
- With disabilities are welcome to participate in the program.
Interested persons are asked to submit a literary-focused CV and a representative writing sample in English to email@example.com no later than 11:59 pm on April 7, 2020. A standard sample will contain 10–15 pages of clearly formatted material. The CV should contain the applicant’s name, nationality, and date of birth as shown on their passport.
We ask that you share this information within your network and encourage writers to apply for this opportunity.