Applicants should possess either a first or second class honor’s Bachelor’s degree, and wish to pursue Master’s or Ph.D. studies at accredited universities in the United States.
– First-class honors or upper-second class honors Bachelor’s degree.
– Must be a citizen and resident of any of the Eastern Caribbean islands comprised of: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
– Must not be a “green card” (alien registration cards) holder or residing in the U.S.A.
– Must not be currently enrolled at, or pursuing studies at a U.S. university.
– Recipients must return to the Eastern Caribbean on completion of studies in the United States.
– Applicants are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), based on their intended field of study and they must submit their GRE or GMAT scores along with their applications to be considered for interview.
Fulbright Scholars are subject to the two-year home-country foreign residency requirement. This rule mandates that upon completion of their studies all Fulbright Scholars must return to their home country for two years. Scholars within the two-year period are not prohibited from traveling to the United States but may be ineligible for certain employment-based or family-based visas until the foreign residency requirement is satisfied.
Qualified applicants must submit their applications online at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021 no later than June 30, 2020 (see “Application Documents” within sidebar of this page).
Three (3) letters of recommendation are also required (electronically or hardcopy). At least two (2) of the letters should be from academics who can attest to the quality of the candidate’s university study and academic potential. The recommendation letter should be confidential and if submitted as a hardcopy, contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Bridgetown via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts of university studies showing grades, certified copies of all university diplomas, and hardcopy letters of recommendation must be addressed to:
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown
Wildey Business Park
All completed applications must be electronically submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed and all applicants notified after June 30, 2020 by the Public Affairs Section.