Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Kitts and Nevis is currently under a Level 1 Travel Advisory: Exercise Normal Precautions due to COVID-19 related conditions. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ for further information on U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories.
Last updated: 09/16/2022
- Saint Kitts and Nevis has reported 6,536 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Persons are allowed to visit beaches for swimming or exercise only. Picnics, beach parties, or other gatherings are not allowed on beaches.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Saint Kitts & Nevis? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- There are multiple options to obtain a COVID-19 test in St. Kitts. Please visit www.nextgenmedlab.com or www.qualitydiagnosticlab.com or contact Avalon Lab at 869-466-5558 to schedule an appointment. In Nevis, please email the COVID-19 taskforce at email@example.com. The cost of testing is $150 USD.
- Test results will be delivered via email or a physical copy collected from the lab.
- For entry requirements for all U.S. bound travelers, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html
Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity. To submit information in support of an exemption, email BridgetownACS@state.gov.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Saint Kitts and Nevis approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Saint Kitts and Nevis for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Saint Kitts and Nevis? AstraZeneca/Covishield and Pfizer/BioNTech
- The vaccine is currently being rolled out in phases by priority groups. U.S. Citizens are required to make an appointment by calling the COVID-19 hotline at 311 from Monday – Friday between 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Please visit https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-requirements for latest requirements.
- Announced August 16, 2022, and effective immediately, the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis has removed all entry requirements previously put in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 upon arrival or when departing St. Kitts you will be required to isolate. For more information on St. Kitts’s health protocols for travelers who test positive for COVID-19 please visit the following link: https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-requirements
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- Fully vaccinated air travelers will be asked to “Vacation in Place” at a Travel Approved hotel for 24 hours.
- All fully vaccinated air travelers are free to move throughout the Travel Approved hotel, interact with other guests and partake in hotel activities only during the “vacation in place” period.
- Fully vaccinated air travelers are required to be tested on arrival (USD 150 visitors’ cost) of their stay and once their test is negative, they may integrate into the Federation participating in tours, attractions, restaurants, beach bars, retail shopping, etc.
- International travelers who would like to stay at private rental home or condo must stay at a property that has been pre-approved as a quarantine housing at their own cost, including security to monitor compliance with quarantine rules. Please submit request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- The government has mandated wearing face masks in public places. A ticket with a minimum fine of 500 dollars will be given to persons in breach of the public safety regulation. Those who refuse the ticket or do not pay the penalty within 10 days of receiving it will be summoned to court and will be liable to a fine of up to EC $5,000 or a term of up to 6 months’ imprisonment.
- Consular services for St. Kitts and Nevis are available at U.S. Embassy Bridgetown in Barbados. For a list of consular services currently offered by the Embassy, please visit: https://bb.usembassy.gov/resumption-of-limited-routine-consular-services/
- Saint Kitts and Nevis COVID-19 info
- Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
- Other links: