Saint Barthélemy is currently under a Level 1 Travel Advisory: Exercise Normal Precautions due to health and safety measures and COVID-19 related conditions. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ for further information on U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories.
Last updated: 12/02/2022
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for US citizens? No
- As of August 1, 2022, Saint Barthélemy no longer has COVID entry requirements for any travelers. There are NO testing or vaccine requirement
- Saint Barthélemy reserves the right to reimpose COVID requirements should the heath situation require them in the future.
- Travelers must still meet non-COVID requirements to travel to, Saint Barthélemy. For more information regarding entry into , Saint Barthélemy, we refer you to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (English version).
If you test positive upon arrival or departure, you will be subject to the country’s laws, regulations, and health protocols in effect. This may include mandatory quarantine at a government designated facility or an officially approved accommodation only until it is deemed safe for you to travel – a negative COVID test result.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Saint Barthélemy? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- Only Rapid Antigen Test results are available within 72 hours. Currently PCR tests will take longer than 72 hours to receive results.
- To obtain a COVID-19 PCR test in St. Barthélemy, please visit biopoleantilles.fr. Testing is available Mon – Fri 12 –1pm and Sat 9 –10am. Appointments and walk-ins are accepted. A mask and ID are required.
- Free Rapid Antigen Tests are available at the Red Cross Testing Center in the St Jean Parking Lot (across the street from the airport runway, behind the cemetery). Testing is available Mon – Fri 8am-3pm and Sat 8am-12pm. No appointments are necessary. Results are available in 1-2 hours.
- For entry requirements for all U.S. bound travelers, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Saint Barthélemy approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Saint Barthélemy for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Saint Barthélemy? AstraZeneca and Pfizer
- Interested persons can visit: https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-vaccination-covid/departement-971-guadeloupe.html to make an appointment with the appropriate clinic. Persons can also call the following numbers for more information: 0590520532 (Hôpital de Bruyn) or 0590276027(Dispensaire d’Hygiene Sociale).
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Barthelemy & St. Martin Website
- http://www.saint-barth-saint-martin.gouv.fr/Actualites/LA-UNE/Actualites/COVID- 19-Point-sur-la-situation-a-Saint-Martin-et-a-Saint-Barthelemy
- Barthélemy & St. Martin COVID-19 Information
- Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
- Other links:
- Consular services for St. Barthélemy are available at U.S. Embassy Bridgetown in Barbados. For a list of consular services currently offered by the Embassy, please visit:https://bb.usembassy.gov/