Montserrat is currently under a Level 1 Travel Advisory: Exercise Normal Precautions. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ for further information on U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories.
Last reviewed: 09/16/2022
- Montserrat has recorded 1,326 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Montserrat? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- To obtain a COVID-19 test in Montserrat, please appear at the St. John’s Health Centre (Mon & Wed 1-3pm). The cost of testing is $300 EC.
- For entry requirements for all U.S. bound travelers, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html
Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity. To submit information in support of an exemption, email BridgetownACS@state.gov.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Montserrat approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Montserrat for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Montserrat? AstraZeneca
- Persons wishing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination are advised to contact the St. John’s Health via telephone 491-5218 as the online registration form is currently closed.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- As of Monday July 11, 2022 no longer will accept pre-travel COVID-19 tests, and the requirement for mandatory face coverings and hand sanitization in public places.
- The “Access Declaration Form” must be completed and submitted at least 72 hours/ 3 days prior to the expected date of arrival: www.gov.ms/register-to-travel-to-montserrat/
- All persons travelling to Montserrat as of July 11 will be required to take a COVID-19 Test on entry; regardless of vaccination status. If the test result is positive, the individual will be required to self-quarantine for 10 days after which he/she is allowed to leave quarantine. Therefore, persons will not be required to take a COVID-19 test for release from quarantine. This applies to individuals whether they are vaccinated or not.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Persons arriving in Montserrat may be subjected to medical examinations. Medical Officers are authorized to conduct clinical examination and isolate any person considered to be high risk of being infected with COVID-19.
- If you test positive upon arrival or departure, you will be subject to the country’s laws, regulations, and health protocols in effect. This may include mandatory quarantine at a government designated facility or an officially approved accommodation only until it is deemed safe for you to travel – a negative COVID test result.
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- Fully vaccinated travelers no quarantine required if negative for COVID-19, please visit https://www.gov.ms/covid-19/
- Unvaccinated travelers arriving in Montserrat must either self-quarantine in their residence for 10 days commencing on the date of arrival or quarantine for 6 days at a designated quarantine facility.
- After five days in the designated quarantine facility, individuals must pay the prescribed fee for the PCR COVID-19 test and undergo a PCR COVID-19 Test. Team members from the Ministry of Health will visit the quarantine location and collect the sample for testing. The results will be communicated the following day. Once the PCR Test indicates that the individual is not infected with COVID-19, he or she will be allowed to leave the facility.
- The Government of Montserrat has certified 5 properties as quarantine facilities. Individuals who intend to quarantine in a designated quarantine facility must make arrangements with the owner of the designated quarantine facility. These arrangements must be made prior to entering Montserrat. Additionally, individuals who are staying at the quarantine facility will be responsible for paying the cost to the owner of that facility.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Commercial flights to and from Montserrat remain very limited. Check with your travel company for the latest information.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Social distancing requirements have reduced the capacity on buses and taxis.
- Consular services for Montserrat are available at U.S. Embassy Bridgetown in Barbados. For a list of consular services currently offered by the Embassy, please visit: https://bb.usembassy.gov/resumption-of-limited-routine-consular-services/