Guadeloupe is currently under a Level 1 Travel Advisory: Exercise Normal Precautions due to health and safety measures and COVID-19 related conditions. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ for further information on U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
Last updated: 09/16/2022
- Guadeloupe has recorded 191,997 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Guadeloupe? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- Online reservations for passengers returning home in need of a test: biopoleantilles.fr. Visitors will receive results within 24-48 hours via text or email. PCR tests for foreigners are free of charge.
- To obtain a COVID-19 test in Guadeloupe, please visit www.synergibio.fr. The cost of testing is $80 Euros.
- For entry requirements for all U.S. bound travelers, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html
Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity. To submit information in support of an exemption, email BridgetownACS@state.gov.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Guadeloupe approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Guadeloupe for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Guadeloupe? AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Pfizer
- The vaccine is currently being rolled out in phases by priority groups. Please visit: https://www.guadeloupe.ars.sante.fr/index.php/covid19-l-campagne-de-vaccination for information on the vaccine roll-out and to register for the vaccine.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- As of August 1, 2022, Guadeloupe no longer has COVID entry requirements for any travelers. There are NO testing or vaccine requirements.
- Guadeloupe reserves the right to reimpose COVID requirements should the heath situation require them in the future.
Travelers must still meet non-COVID requirements to travel to Guadeloupe. For more information regarding entry into Guadeloupe, we refer you to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (English version).
- If you test positive upon arrival or departure, you will be subject to the country’s laws, regulations, and health protocols in effect. This may include mandatory quarantine at a government designated facility or an officially approved accommodation only until it is deemed safe for you to travel – a negative COVID test result.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No.
- Vaccine Pass/Health Pass (Pass Vaccinal/Sanitaire): Guadeloupe eliminated the vaccine pass and health pass as of August 1, 2022.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Please contact your airline to confirm flight availability or alternate routes.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Face coverings are no longer required but highly recommended on public transportation, and some medical facilities still require them. Businesses and commercial establishments may require masks be worn. The U.S. Embassy requires masks be worn at all times while in the Consular waiting room for everyone age 6 and older.
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- Mask and other COVID-related requirements have been eliminated.
- American citizens seeking consular assistance in Guadeloupe should contact the U.S. Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados or our U.S. Consular Agent in Martinique. The Consular Agent provides passport, citizenship, and notarial services, and assists Americans in emergencies.
- Visa services for Guadeloupe are available at U.S. Embassy Bridgetown in Barbados. For a list of visa services currently offered by the Embassy, please visit: https://bb.usembassy.gov/resumption-of-limited-routine-consular-services/
- Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
- Other links: