British Virgin Islands
The British Virgin Islands is currently under a Level 1 Travel Advisory: Exercise Normal Precautions due to health and safety measures and COVID-19 related conditions. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ for further information on U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories.
Last updated: 12/02/2022
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for US citizens? No
- Travelers may enter BVI through Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport (EIS) and the seaports Road Town Jetty; Soper’s Hole Dock, West End; Great Harbour, Jost Van Dyke; or Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda
- Please visit https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols for the current travel protocols.
- Effective 15th July 2022, all entry COVID-19 testing requirements have been revoked. The wearing of face masks/coverings are no longer mandated by law, but are allowed as a matter of choice in public spaces, or as a policy of a business place or other establishment.
- If you test positive upon arrival or departure, you will be subject to the country’s laws, regulations, and health protocols in effect. This may include mandatory quarantine at a government designated facility or an officially approved accommodation only until it is deemed safe for you to travel – a negative COVID test result.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
Travelers are no longer required to be screened upon arrival for the COVID-19 virus.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology required for entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the British Virgin Island? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- To obtain a COVID-19 test in the BVI, please call 1-284-852-7650 or email email@example.com. The testing location will be assigned when the appointment is scheduled. Legal name and DOB as it appears on a government issued ID along with and valid and accessible email address is required. The cost of testing is $70 USD.
- Test results will be delivered via email.
- For entry requirements for all U.S. bound travelers, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of the British Virgin Island approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in the British Virgin Islands for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in the British Virgin Islands? AstraZeneca
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Other links:
Consular services for the British Virgin Islands are available at U.S. Embassy Bridgetown in Barbados. For a list of consular services currently offered by the Embassy, please visit: https://bb.usembassy.gov/