U.S. Mission Bridgetown
Announcement Number: Bridgetown-2018-045
Position Title: Administrative Rover/Cleared Security Escort
Opening Period: December 17, 2018-Indefinite (open until filled)
Salary: Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
For More Info: Human Resources Office
E-mail Address: BridgetownHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens Only / All Sources
For USEFM – FS is FP-9, USD $28,945 full time / USD $13.86 per hour. For locally hired U.S. Citizens-FS is FSN-5, BDS $48,485 / BDS $23.31 per hour.
Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Locally hired U.S. Citizens and other sources: Temporary fixed-term appointment, not exceed one (1) year.
- USEFM: Not to exceed five (5) years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Bridgetown is seeking an eligible and qualified applicants for the positions of Administrative Rover/Cleared Security Escort.
The work schedule for these position are:
- Intermittent (Irregular); formerly WAE
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Provide administrative/clerical support to Mission offices; type letters, telegrams, memoranda and reports from drafts; receive and distribute incoming correspondence and mail; distribute to the appropriate office; maintain schedules of reports and correspondence, track due dates and follow up on deadlines. Perform all duties of escort, by monitoring and escorting of un-cleared personnel into controlled access areas (CAA) or other locations within mission facilities and grounds. The position is intermittent, some after-hours, weekend and holiday work may be required. This position is supervised by the office in which duties are being performed, but is assigned those duties by HR under direction of the Management Officer. Incumbent must be U.S. Citizen, eligible for a Secret clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: U.S. High School diploma or host country equivalency is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of work experience in administrative, clerical, professional, governmental, or other related work experience is required.
- a) Must have working knowledge of using personal computers and office equipment (copiers, FAX).
- b) Must have basic knowledge of MS Office Suite and be able to type/prepare correspondence with speed and accuracy. (this may be tested).
- c) Thorough knowledge of regulations governing control and protection of classified material set out in 12 FAM, as well as post-specific security access procedures, the proper use of security-related equipment, and be familiar with mission grounds/facilities.
LANGUAGE: Level IV Fluent English (Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess good organizational and communication skills. Must be able and willing to work irregular hours and to be available for work on short notice. Must be observant, flexible and service oriented. Escort duties include prolonged periods of standing/walking and somewhat physically demanding activities to include climbing. Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (this may be tested).
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”) or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on our Embassy’s internet site at https://bb.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/. The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may also be obtained on our website.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically submit the documents listed below to BridgetownHR@state.gov.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- AEFM: Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent); U.S Citizen: Copy of Barbados work permit and proof of citizenship
- High School Diploma or transcripts from highest level of education
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- List of references
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Bridgetown.