NGO Management Workshop Overview
The U.S. Embassy to Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean, and the OECS invites non-governmental organizations to participate in our NGO Management Workshop.
The NGO Management Workshop will be held within the last week of August in Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines only.
|Monday, August 26, 2019||St. Vincent and the Grenadines||Blue Lagoon Hotel and Marina, Ratho Mill,||Fully subscribed|
|Wednesday, August 28, 2019||Antigua and Barbuda||Antigua Public Library, Hailes Promenade, St. John’s||Fully subscribed|
|Friday, August 30, 2019||St. Kitts and Nevis||St. Kitts Marriott Resort
858 Frigate Bay Road, Frigate Bay
This one-day capacity-building program will teach best practices in grant proposal writing.
The goal of the workshop is to help participants strengthen the content of their grant proposals, making it possible to apply for larger grant awards.
The workshop will cover the following:
- Creating a sustainable fundraising plan – participants will learn how to prioritize fundraising opportunities and align their project goals with those of funders.
- Explaining the challenge or opportunity – participants will explore using both quantitative and qualitative data to explain the need for their project.
- Setting measurable goals and outcomes – participants will practice using a logic model to explain how their program will work.
- Designing monitoring and evaluation plans – participants will work on strengthening their current M&E plans to measure both short-term and long-term outcomes and include the community in the evaluation process.
- Developing a program budget – participants will practice developing a program budget that accounts for all expenses and includes both volunteer and in-kind support.
Participants should come to the session with a project in mind for which they are currently seeking funding. Participants are also encouraged to bring grant proposals that they have recently written.
The workshop will be facilitated by Dr. Luisa Boyarski, Assistant Director of the Center for Public & Nonprofit Leadership (CPNL) at Georgetown University, Washington, USA.