Location: Saint Kitts
Event: The Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados is exploring the possibility of additional flights with the commercial carrier – Seaborne Airlines/Silver Airways –from Saint Kitts (SKB) to San Juan (SJU), Puerto Rico (U.S.A.) for the purpose of repatriating U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens who are interested in this potential flight opportunity should contact the Embassy by emailing us at BridgetownACS@state.gov. In the subject line of your email, please write “[Your Surname] – Repat Flight from St. Kitts to San Juan”. Please include your name, contact number, and the number of people and pets who would be flying with you in the body of the email. Please respond no later than Friday, May 15, 2020.
Please note the following:
- The cost of this flight would be approximately $500 per passenger. The fare includes one checked bag. Additional baggage will incur additional fees.
- Onward travel options from San Juan to mainland U.S. are the responsibility of the passenger.
- We are targeting this flight for the morning of Thursday, May 21 (and Friday, May 22 depending on demand).
- For Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals, there is no charge/no restrictions.
- For Non-Service Animals and Non-Emotional Support Animals there is a $49 per pet carrier fee for carriers that can fit under the seat (typically for animals under 20lbs).
- If the pet cannot fit in a carrier under the seat, and it is not a Service Animal or Emotional Support Animal, it will not be accepted on board, even if an additional seat is purchased.
- Documentation and requirements for importing animals into the United States are the responsibility of the passenger.
This flight will only become a reality if enough people are committed to take it. Otherwise, it becomes cost prohibitive for the airline.
U.S. citizens who choose not to take this flight should be prepared to remain in Saint Kitts until restrictions on passenger movements are lifted and commercial airline flights resume.
Please do not contact the airline about this flight. We are only exploring the level of interest from our U.S. citizens at this time.
Please continue to monitor the U.S. Embassy website for updated information.