Alert: Potential Flight from Barbados (BGI) to New York (JFK) on Thursday, July 2, 2020
The commercial carrier – JetBlue – has informed the Embassy in Bridgetown that it is intending to offer seats to U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents on a July 2 flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York City departing in the late afternoon. Details of the flight including planned departure time and cost are still to be determined. We urge U.S. citizens (and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents) wishing to travel to the U.S. to monitor Jetblue’s website for flight information and once offered to directly book a seat on their website www.jetblue.com.
Onward travel options from New York City should be made as soon as possible with available commercial airlines operating out of JFK airport and is the responsibility of the passenger.
Please do *not* contact the U.S. Embassy to make a flight reservation.
Please also continue to monitor the U.S. Embassy website for updated information including the following resources:
- COVID-19 information page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- United States Embassy Bridgetown
Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006
Tel: (246) 227-400
- United States Embassy Grenada
Lance Aux Epines
Phone: (+1 473) 444-1173 to 6
- U.S. Embassy in Grenada
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates