Location: Sint Maarten
Event: Flight to Ft. Lauderdale on July 18 Operated by Spirit Airlines
The Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados has been advised of a flight being offered by Spirit Airlines on July 18, 2020. The flight will depart from Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM) in Sint Maarten and proceed to Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
We urge U.S. citizens (and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents) to contact Spirit Airlines directly for seat availability, reservations, and pricing information. Please do *not* contact the U.S. Embassy to make a flight reservation. U.S. citizens who choose not to take this flight should be prepared to remain until restrictions on passenger movements are lifted.
SPIRIT AIRLINES FLIGHT NUMBER: NK#6221
SATURDAY, JULY 18, 2020
DEPARTS Sint Maarten at 2:30pm
ARRIVES Ft. Lauderdale at 5:40pm
THIS FLIGHT CAN ONLY BE BOOKED ONLINE.
American citizens currently on other Caribbean islands should contact regional airline carriers regarding travel options and entry requirements to Dutch St. Maarten. Information on entry requirements to St. Maarten is available here: https://stmaartenupdates.com/.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs phone number:
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444