The commercial carrier – JetBlue – has informed the Embassy in Bridgetown that it is intending to offer seats to U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents on a June 9 flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York City on Tuesday. The June 9 flight would depart at 5:30 pm with a cost of approximately $350 per passenger. We urge U.S. citizens (and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents) wishing to travel to the U.S. to contact the airline directly to book a seat on their website www.jetblue.com.
At this time, there are no additional flight options after June 9, 2020. U.S. citizens who choose not to take this flight should be prepared to remain in Barbados until restrictions on passenger movements are lifted. Onward travel options from New York City should be made as soon as possible with available commercial airlines operating out of JFK airport and is the responsibility of the passenger.
Please do *not* contact the U.S. Embassy to make a flight reservation.
Please also continue to monitor the U.S. Embassy website for updated information including the following resources:
· View U.S. Embassy Bridgetown’s most recent alerts.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· United States Embassy Bridgetown
Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006
Tel: (246) 227-4000
· United States Embassy Grenada
Lance Aux Epines
Phone: (+1 473) 444-1173 to 6
· State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates