2022 Virtual EducationUSA Academy Scholarships
EducationUSA Academy Connects is the virtual program model of EducationUSA Academy, a campus-based college preparatory program for international students. The Academy is a short-term (four- to six-week) academic enrichment program for 15 to 18 year-old international secondary school students who are interested in pursuing higher education in the United States. EducationUSA Academy Connects involves a time commitment of three to five hours per week and is intended to allow students the flexibility to balance external commitments while participating in the program.
Participating students will gain knowledge about the U.S. admissions process as they build college-level academic skills. They will also have opportunities to engage virtually with current international and/or U.S. students and develop a better understanding of the strength and diversity of the U.S higher education system.
The following U.S. campuses will host virtual EducationUSA Academy Connects sessions in Summer 2022:
- Boston University(Massachusetts)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University(Florida)
- St. Cloud State University(Minnesota)
- St. John’s University(New York)
- Temple University(Pennsylvania)
- University of Colorado Boulder(Colorado)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison(Wisconsin)
More information about the EducationUSA Academy can be found at https://www.edusaacademy.org/
All participant costs will be covered for students who have been awarded the 2022 Virtual EducationUSA Academy Scholarship.
Candidate Description and Qualifications
Candidates applying for the 2022 Virtual EducationUSA Academy Scholarship should:
- be a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kits and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines;
- be between the ages of 15 and 18;
- be a secondary school student;
- be interested in applying to U.S. universities and colleges;
- be committed to attending all online classes and actively participate in discussions;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades and awards;
- be mature, responsible, independent, open-minded, thoughtful, and inquisitive
- have permission from parents/guardians to participate in the program
- have a demonstrated financial need to receive an EducationUSA Academy Scholarship
How to Apply
- Secondary school students must fill out the application on the Google Form as completely as possible. The following documents are required and should be attached to the Google Form:
- Report Card – Term 1 2021-2022
- Signed Parental Consent Form
- Completed Adult Reference
- Please submit a 2-minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer clearly stating the following:
- Educational Interests (undergraduate major, student-athlete, etc.)
- Why you want to study in the U.S.
- Why you should be awarded the 2022 Virtual EducationUSA Academy Scholarship
The information you provide on this application will be the basis for selecting semi-finalists for this program. Please answer the questions carefully and completely.
Applications should be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. AST Friday, March 18, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Public Engagement Assistant
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown
Please note that U.S. citizens and family members of U.S. Embassy or U.S. Department of State employees are not eligible to apply.